Ingredients for Cooking Brains:
- Brains (preferably veal) 500 gr.
- Vinegar (3%) 2 tbsp. spoons
- Onions 1 pc.
- Bay leaf 2 pcs.
- Salt 2 tsp
- Peppercorns 10 pcs.
- Vegetable oil 5 tbsp. spoons
For batter you will need:
- Chicken egg 1 pc.
- Breadcrumbs 1 cup
For the sauce you will need:
- Butter 3 tbsp. spoons
- Onions 1 pc.
- Lemon 0.5 Pcs.
- 5 anchovies
- Premium wheat flour 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Broth (any to your taste or a broth cube diluted in boiling water) 1.5 cups
- Tomato paste 3 tbsp. a spoon
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Inventory:Saucepan, Spoon, Glass, Colander, Frying pan, Bowl, Plate, Knife, Cutting board, Dish
Step 1: Prepare the brains.Cooled brains must first be thoroughly rinsed, after which we cut off all the films from them. Further soak them in a bowl of water for 30 minutes. During this time, water must be changed several times. After that, boil a pot of water. Add to it 2 teaspoons of salt, 2 tablespoons of 3% vinegar, previously peeled and washed whole onion, 2 bay leaves, and peppercorns. After that, boil water with spices for about a minute and put brains in boiling water. Cook them over medium heat. 20-25 minutes, then we recline in a colander and let it drain well.
Step 2: Prepare a spicy sauce for the brain.Peel the onion from the husk, rinse it and cut into cubes. In a frying pan we heat the butter and fry the onion in it until golden brown. After that, add the juice of half a lemon to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer the onion in lemon juice 2-3 minutes. Next, add the anchovies, and after a few minutes pour the wheat flour into the pan and stir the mass vigorously so that no lumps form. After that, pour in any broth that you have, or a broth cube diluted in boiling water. Dissolve tomato paste in a liquid and continue to cook the sauce over medium heat. Stew it for another 3-5 minutes, then remove from heat and cover with a lid. If desired, it can be ground through a sieve or ground in a blender so that it is more uniform and creamy.
Step 3: Fry the brains in batter.In a deep plate, beat one egg with salt. This can be done with a fork or whisk. Pour breadcrumbs into another plate. We cut the brains into smaller parts. Pour the vegetable oil into a clean frying pan and put it on medium heat. First, we dip each piece of brains in an egg, and then in breadcrumbs, after which we spread it on a hot pan and fry it from all sides until crisp a bright golden color.
Step 4: Serve the Brains.We put the brains on the dish, decorate them with lemon slices and fresh herbs. Next to the plate lay out a slide of sauce or put it in a bowl or saucepan to the dish. An excellent garnish for roasted brains is mashed potatoes or vegetable stew. Bon appetit to all!
- - Breadcrumbs can be prepared at home. To do this, crumble the crumb of white bread, and then dry it on parchment in the oven or microwave until completely dried. If we are talking about an oven, then this is about 5 minutes at a temperature of 100 degrees. After this, the crackers will only have to crush in a mortar or place them in a bag and beat on it with the handle of a knife.
- -To enrich the taste in the sauce, you can add a few cloves of crushed garlic or add a mixture of peppers to taste.